Different Types of Licences

To be able to fish on the Barnard Castle section of the Tees you must have a Rod Licence as well as a BCAClub membership or a day pass. These documents must be with you at all times as surprise checks can be carried out at any time.

Rod Licences come in two different types and which one you need depends on the type of fish your catching:

  • Non-migratory trout, char, freshwater (coarse) fish, smelts and eels

and the other for

  • Salmon and migratory (sea) trout and non-migratory trout, char, freshwater (coarse) fish,smelt and eels.

Please make sure you get the correct licence as penalties are high if you mistakenly get the wrong one.

These licences can also be bought for the whole season for:
Senior (65 or older),
Juniors (12 – 16),
Children (under 12)
As well as Day / Week Passes.

The differences in licences and prices can be found : Here – Environment Agency
And bought online from : Here – Post Office or at your local Post Office.